Actions Concrete du Gouvernement du Burundi en Faveur de la Paix
The Embassy of Burundi in Berlin would like to inform the public that in order to create conducive environment to peace, to dialogue and security for all, the Government of the Republic of Burundi took the following actions:
- Continuation of interburundian dialogue inside and outside Burundi;
- Liberation of two thousand (2000) prisonners;
- Authorisation to international Human Rights observers and UN Experts in Burundi;
- Cancellation of international arrest warrants against 15 Burundian personalities;
- Reopening of two radio-Television stations destroyed and closed during the May 13, 2015 coup attempt;
- Implementation of additional measures to eradicate terrorist acts in the capital City and continuation of disarmement.
The Government will spare no efforts to normalize the situation in order to embrace peace and development. Everyone is encouraged to take the same path.
Berlin, February 22, 2016