1. Personal Details
Married and mother
- Master in Political Sciences and International Relations (DEA SPRI), at the Catholic University of Louvain (UCL), Belgium
- Bachelor in Administrative and Political Sciences, Official University of Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo
3. Professional Career
- Since 17th January 2018, Ambassador to the Slovak Republic with residence in Berlin
- Since 8th January 2018, Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Austria with residence in Berlin
- Since 23rd June 2017, Permanent Representative to United Nations Industrial Development Organization with residence in Berlin
- Since 15th December 2016: Ambassador to Vatican with residence in Berlin
- Since 6th July 2016, date of the Presentation of Letters of Credence: Ambassador to Germany;
- 2014 – 2016: Ambassador to the Russian Federation and to Georgia
- 2011 – 2013: Chargé d'Affaires at the Embassy of Burundi in Canada
- 2009 – 2011: First Counsellor at the Embassy of Burundi in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- 2002 – 2009: Advisor at the Ministry of Foreign Relations and International Cooperation, Department of International Organisations, Bujumbura, Burundi
During her diplomatic career, Mrs. Nigizama has completed several trainings in Africa, Asia, Europe and in North America. In this context, she was also able to participate in various high-ranking international conferences in major cities around the world.
- " De l'Autocratie à la Démocratie au Burundi : Défis et Enjeux". Graduate Thesis presented and defended to obtain the Master in Political and Social Sciences: Specialization International Relations, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL); Belgium.
- ‘’Conflits et Processus de Paix dans les pays des Grands Lacs: Une étude sur le Burundi’’. Thesis presented and defended to obtain the Bachelor (License) in Administrative and Political Sciences, Université Officielle de Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
- ‘De l'Autocratie à la Démocratie au Congo Démocratique: Quelle Transition ?". Work presented to obtain the graduate title in Administrative and Political Sciences at the Official University of Bukavu.
- ‘’Problematizing Political Power in Burundi. Contribution of political sociology in the Great Lakes region.’’ Journal UJUVI, 16, 2005.
5. Languages spoken:
- French (Excellent)
- Swahili (Excellent)
- Kirundi (Excellent)
- English (Good)
- Lingala (Good)