The Embassy of the Republic of Burundi hereby informs the public that the fees of Entry Visas are henceforth 65 and 195 Euros, for one month and three months, respectively, to comply with the Ministerial Order on the matter.
Sel-addressed return envelop (VOIE recommandée)
Add a contact telephone number and/or email address
Visa application in French/German to download a pdf version of the visa application that you can print out and mail to the embassy in Berlin, Germany.
Visa Information Sheet
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA APPLICATION
- 2 (two) Completed Application Forms
- 2 (two) Passport Photos + 1 Passport photocopy
- Travel Documents (valid for at least 6 months)
- Booking from a Travel Agency or Confirmation from the Employer
- One return envelope(note that the Applicant is responsible for all postage fees) Payment of 65€ for a single entry Visa OR 195€ for a multiple entries Visa for 3 months. Applicants from abroad can make a deposit to the Deutsche Bank account of the Embassy. Bank details can be found below.
- Payment Transactions Slips
- Hotel Booking Confirmation
- 15 working days are required to allow the consular office to proceed the application.
- The information provided has to be accurate and as complete as possible. Any incomplete file or containing confusing information will not accepted and no visa will be issued
PS. All fees related to consular services are non-refundable.
The Embassy would like to inform travelers to Burundi that the country still has a lot to offer in terms of touristic attractions.
The travel warnings sometimes found on the Foreign Affairs Ministries web sites of some of the Burundi partners are not accurate and aim at discouraging travelers and tourists. There are no security issues specific to Burundi and no foreigner is targeted for being a foreigner. Security of all citizens living in Burundi or visiting the country remains a top priority of the Institutions. Burundi is connected to the world via many airlines from all the corners of the world. So do not miss the opportunity to enjoy the 365 Burundi destinations.
Communique: Change in Visa Processing Duration
The public is informed that from February 22, 2016, the duration of visa processing will be 15 working days instead of 4. Therefore, there is no more possibility of Express visa.
This notice does not apply on the holders of diplomatic and official passports.
Il est porté à la connaissance du public que la durée de traitement des dossiers de demande de visa d'entrée au Burundi est, dès le 22 février 2016, portée de 4 jours à 15 jours ouvrables. Pour cela, il n'y a plus la possibilité de visa express. Cette mesure ne concerne pas les détenteurs de passeports diplomatiques ou de service.
OTHER CONSULAR SERVICES
Passport and travel document services
Please contact us for additional information on this issue
Document Authentication / Legalization, Certification fees and requirements
30 Euros per page
A formal letter of request addressed to the Ambassador
A prepaid return self-addressed
à qui de droit: 30€
Renunciation to Burundian Nationality:
Citizens from countries listed below are exempted of entry visa to Burundi
- Democratic Republic of Congo;
*However, nationals from the above countries need to have a valid passport issued by their respective countries.
*All fees related to consular services are non-refundable.
To make a payment from within Germany:
Deutsche Bank Berlin
To make a payment from abroad:
Deutsche Bank Berlin
BIC (SWIFT-Code): DEUTDEBB
IBAN: DE27 1007 0000 0233 0504 01